Seeking impact through leveraging South Africa’s climate change opportunities
Presented and co-hosted by
Six Capitals ESG Advisory & WWF-SA
Context of experiential session
Globally there is increasing pressure on social and environmental resources, some of which threaten our journey to live and prosper. We need to understand what these issues are and really engage with them.
Increasingly corporate entities are coming under pressure and scrutiny from investors as well as other stakeholders, to not only provide timely, accurate and comparable climate data, but to also be transparent about its commitments made to address the current climate crisis and map out how it will achieve these goals. Going forward, climate considerations will play an increasing role in where capital is allocated as countries and companies ramp up their efforts to reach commitments made under the Paris Agreement.
The purpose of this experiential session was to create a space where we could become more aware of how we as corporates either positively or negatively impact on the current climate crisis and consider what opportunities we could leverage to address climate change in order to achieve the climate goals we have made commitments to.
- Movement 1: Reflection [Timeslot: 10:00am – 11:30am]
- Venue: Boschendal Farm Shop
- Reflective walk:
- Reflective walk on Boschendal along walkway which has recently been cleared of alien invasive species through the support of WWF-SA.
- As we reflect on the pre-read and video shared and consider some of the questions on the worksheet.
- Post walk discussion:
- Current needs around climate-related issues for your organisation
- Collaboration efforts
- Initiatives and/or programmes to address aspects of climate crisis
- Break: Comfort Break [Timeslot: 11:00am – 11:15am]
- Movement 2: Response [Timeslot: 11:15am – 12:30pm]
- Venue: TBC – Deli or Werf Restaurant
- Light eats:
- Discussion around moving from climate strategies to putting it into practice: Boschendal case study – WWF Agri team
- Break: Comfort Break [Timeslot: 12:30am – 12:45am]
- Movement 3: Close-out [Timeslot: 12:45pm – 14:00pm]
- Venue: Boschendal’s The Cellar Door
- Wine tasting