GRI Roundtable event – Hosted by GRI Africa, Six Capitals ESG Advisory and the UN PRI
The rise in interest by investors and other stakeholders in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) investments has surged with investors being more discerning and demanding comprehensive information from companies – and not just around financial performance, but also on governance, environmental and societal impacts. This is important in emerging and developing economies, where a boom in investment opportunities combined with significant sustainability challenges, such as biodiversity loss, climate change, health crises, extreme weather, and growing inequality presents investors with new risks and opportunities.
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Africa hub in collaboration with Six Capitals ESG Advisory and the UN PRI will host a roundtable on the 19th of October 2022. The objective of the roundtable event is aimed at empowering responsible investors in an effort to support the knowledge and use of sustainability reporting and improve understanding amongst investors around the importance of quality ESG and sustainability reporting data in enabling responsible investing. Aligning corporate sustainability reporting with investors’ information needs is important to the success of responsible investing and sustainable finance initiatives.
You are cordially invited to join the roundtable session to hear from members of the investor community, reporting practitioners and other industry experts about global and local trends in the responsible investing space and how ESG metrics and data can enable and empower investors to invest more responsibly. The session is in support of the rising demand for sustainability-themed offerings, and the increasing demand for regulatory requirements globally for institutional investors to consider ESG factors in their investment decisions.
The Registration Period For This Event Has Closed. Thank You.
Wednesday 19 October 2022
- 08:00 - 09:00
- Breakfast, registration and networking
- 09:00 - 09:05
- Opening and welcome remarks
- Presented by Adrian Bertrand, Six Capitals ESG Advisory
- 09:05 - 09:20
- ESG Disclosure- Enabling Responsible Investment
- Presented by Tendai Matika, GRI
- 09:20 - 09:30
- Responsible investment: Global and local trends
- Presented by Daron Scorgie, PRI
- 09:30 - 10:30
- Panel Discussion: ESG metrics and data in enabling responsible investing (including Q&A)
- Panelists: Angelique Kalam, Future Growth; Delphine Govender, Perpetua Investment Managers; Thabang Selota, WWF-SA; Waleed Hendricks, Old Mutual Investment Group. Moderated by Melanie Smith & Cuma Dube, Six Capitals ESG Advisory
- 10:30 - 10:50
- Update on the Code for Responsible Investing in South Africa (CRISA)
- Adrian Bertrand, Six Capitals ESG Advisory
- 10:50 - 11:00
- Closing remarks and call to action
- Louise Gardiner, First Principles